Saturday 1 February 2014

Opera and The Savoy Gril


No brainier this was one of the plans right before Christmas, and it was actually the last Saturday I was in London in 2013 before departing to Spain and coming back in 2014. I realised one of my long time pending dreams to see The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House. I've been to see ballet in the ROH before but I had never seen this specific show, so I was really excited when one of our friends and supporter of the ROH managed to get the tickets.

As any production at the ROH, the setting was stunning and everything was just flawless, even if the main ballerina was unable to perform. I am always amazed how they ballerinas are able to float over the tips of their toes across the stage as if they were weightless - I know that this is something that I will never be able to do although it hasn't stopped me to attend to some basic ballet classes in this new year. It's never too late! 


So to top the evening at the Opera up, we decided to book a table at The Savoy Grill run since it reopened by Gordon Ramsay. I think I can still taste the superb beef wellington that we ordered, and I realised why he makes the contestants of Hell Kitchen to do them again and again. The dinner was incredible and I will need to come up with another occasion to celebrate to go back there again soon! I did feel like a movie star :-)

DETAILS:
Royal Opera House - www.roh.org.uk/Productions - Bow St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9DD
Savoy Grill - www.gordonramsay.com/thesavoygrill/ - Savoy Hotel, Strand, London WC2R 0EU 

No comments:

Post a Comment