Saturday 1 February 2014

Providores

Yet again the Christmas decorations come into play when we are already in February, I know, but I'm just trying to catch up with a long list of material that I gathered along a month of December full of celebrations of all kinds. This was a time for a good time and catching up with M before she decided to depart to warmer climates. I can't blame her and I know that it was the plan since she moved here in September 2012 but again one never thinks that the time to say "see you in a few months" is going to arrive.

Anyway, what could be a better way to catch up with friends surrounded by good wine and good food? We couldn't think of a better way either. At the back of a buzzing Oxford St were the crowds were fighting for the latest Christmas gifts there is this little place where you can enjoy some tapas with cool New Zealand wine - just bear in mind that unless you come at an odd time such as a late lunch or dinner, you will continue the fighting of the crowds to get a table; reservations are only accepted for the restaurant on the top floor.

I leave you with a sample of the tapas that we ordered that include some padrĂ³n peppers, a singular version of the Spanish omelet, calamares (or calamari) and a mouth watering risotto. This is reminding me that I'm hungry so I'm off to make some food, although the wine won't come until later today. In other posts you'll see my appreciation of Marylebone High Street where this restaurant is located and if you walk around the street and taste the food of a place like Providores I don't doubt that you'll match the appreciation.





DETAILS:
The Providores - www.theprovidores.co.uk/ - 109 Marylebone High St, London W1U 4RX

No comments:

Post a Comment