Tuesday 27 May 2014

Lima



Following the recommendation of some Spanish friends who have been living in Peru for a long while, I came to have dinner at Lima not long after it opened and I was  amused by every bite I took. I'm not going to deny that I had knocked down a couple of pisco sours in the bar downstairs before dinner, which everyone knows makes your palate exquisite.

Lima is located at the end of Charlotte St and before getting into the hassle of Oxford St. As you would understand given the location and the fact that the restaurant is small, you will need to book a table in advance. 

The menu is not very long, which in a way is helpful so you don’t go crazy trying to decide what to order, but you will see a sample of the main proteins (pork, lamb, beef and a choice of fish). I will advice you to share so you get a chance to try more things. My recommendation is that you don't miss the Sea Bream ceviche (with Tiger’s milk #obvs), the suckling pig and the beef Pachamanca – and whilst you decide make sure that you have a pisco sour – or a Cuento del Diablo.



DETAILS:
Lima - http://www.limalondon.com/ - 31 Rathbone Place, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1JH

No comments:

Post a Comment